Director of Christian Education - Ardmore United Methodist Church is looking for someone who is interested in an integrated approach to community evangelism & lifelong Christian discipleship, and who is willing to partner closely with other ministry areas of the church. This position involves an active ministry with children and their families, coordinating intergenerational events with the larger church calendar, and recruiting, equipping, and motivating volunteer servants to lead in various ministries that reach and teach children and adults. Current job description is attached for more information.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Actively engage in relationship building with children in the church and community. Oversee seasonal children’s outreach events and participate in community events initiated by staff and volunteers.
- Recruit, train, and oversee all volunteers in the area of Children and Family Ministries, including Sunday School, Children’s Church, Vacation Bible School, and midweek opportunities.
- Attend planning meetings with the staff and other ministry leaders for planning and coordination.
- Oversee Wednesday Night Fellowship and provide staff support to the Intergenerational Ministries Team.
- Actively work with the Director of the Through-the-Week School to address the spiritual needs of pre-school families, engaging in evangelism and invitation with their families.
- Oversee and implement the congregation’s Safe Sanctuary policy. Keep all records and conduct all background checks.
- Work with the Children’s Council to develop and oversee the annual budget for Children’s and Family Ministries. In conjunction with this group, choose appropriate curriculum and programming, regularly evaluating ministries to children and their families to see that community needs are being met.
- Oversight of Adult Discipleship ministries, focusing on resourcing existing classes with increased curriculum choices and creating new opportunities for adults as worship services expand. Provide training for new teachers and small group leaders. Work with the Outreach Pastor to organize 3-4 New Members’ Classes per year.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Senior Pastor and needed for the mission of the church.
Applicants must have a degree in Christian Education. Please send a resume, references and a letter of calling to SPRC@ardmoreumc.org by July 1.
Salem UMC, Mount Airy has a position open for a Music Director. This part-time position assists in worship and special events for the church. The Music Director is expected to play the organ or piano for the Sunday worship service, funerals and weddings, and special services. Working with the choir in selecting music and preparing for worship services at weekly choir practice is expected for this position. Send a cover letter and resume to Pastor Bob Nations at email@example.com.
Trinity UMC, Thomasville, seeking a salaried part-time Music Director for our congregation. They are looking for someone to cultivate the congregation’s music ministry at 9:30 a.m. on Sundays. Responsibilities include leading music for the worship service. They are looking for someone who is energetic, passionate, and excited to work with all ages. A competitive salary is being offered, Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 130 Maplewood Ave, Thomasville NC 27360.
Burkhead UMC, Winston-Salem, has an opening for a part-time (16 hours/week, flexible schedule) for a Financial Secretary.
The position is under the supervision of the pastor and church Treasurer with annual performance evaluation by the pastor and the staff/pastor-parish committee. This position requires general computer skills and a working knowledge of finance, accounting, and payroll tax law.
The Financial Secretary will be responsible for, including, but not limited to the following:
- Implement the policies of the Finance Committee relative to the counting, dispersing and recording of financial information.
- Be proficient in all financial functions of the church financial computer software: Church Windows.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Burkhead operating budget, with a full understanding of how standard and non-standard receipts are to be expensed.
- Set up new Accounts, Payees, Employees, Funds, etc., in Church Windows.
- Church member financial contributions.
- Input all contributions into Church Windows, including monthly pledge payments, memorials, special offerings, and special projects.
- Generate quarterly financial contribution reports for church members and respond to individual requests.
- The quarterly reports are to be printed, stuffed in envelopes, and made available for pickup. Put in the mail, any that are not picked up by the end of the month.
- Prepare and print all expenditure checks, including payroll checks, but do not sign them.
- Bills outside of the monthly upkeep/maintenance of the church require approval of the appropriate person: Treasurer, Trustees Chairperson, pastor, etc.
- Invoices must include an adequate description of the goods or services, including the name of the Payee, and the name of the person who initiated the purchase when appropriate.
- Properly record all expenditures in Church Windows.
- Keep all paper documentation in organized files for back-up purposes.
- Calculate and apply the appropriate tax withholding on all payroll checks.
- Remit the withheld tax amounts to the Federal and State IRS.
- Submit the required year-end tax forms to the Federal and State IRS.
- Provide the appropriate W2/1099 tax forms at year-end.
- Calculate and submit Form E-585 semi-annually, requesting a sales tax refund from the NC Department of Revenue.
- Remit all Conference benevolence funds on hand (UMCOR, Human Relations, Native American, etc.) to the Conference on a monthly basis.
- Remit special offerings to local outreach (Open Arms, Samaritan Ministries, etc.) on a monthly basis.
- Offering Count
- Deposit offerings in the Bank as soon as possible and give a copy of the deposit slip to the Treasurer.
- Make copies of all checks included in the offering. Attach these copies to the deposit slip which is kept at the church.
- Record all individual contributions in Church Windows.
- Acknowledge by letter all memorial gifts to the church.
- Review (i.e. balance) the Accounts in Church Windows against the monthly bank statements, in conjunction with the Church Treasurer.
- Update Church Windows with new pledge amounts for the next year, after the conclusion of the fall stewardship campaign.
- Update Church Windows with the new Budget amounts for the next year, after they are approved by the Church Council.
- Provide year end budget information to the pastor and Treasurer for reporting to the Charge Conference.
Send resumes to Beth Dixon, email@example.com.
Kingswood UMC, Rural Hall - is seeking a part-time Pianist for their Sunday morning worship services and weekly rehearsals. For more information, contact Madeline Griggs at 336-971-6639 or 336-969-5338.
G3 UMC - Worship Leader
Purpose of the position: To lead all facets of the G3 worship gathering to support the Lead Pastor in building community within G3 Church and strengthening faith journeys.
Reports to: Lead pastor of G3 Church
Who Are We: A contemporary UMC church with the mission to reach out to unchurched people. We seek to be a people who practice radical hospitality, authentic life-giving relationships, and true community.
- Strong, spiritual leader with an active faith, an intimate walk with the Lord, and a passion for worship
- Proficient and experienced in vocal worship leadership (ability to lead with an instrument preferable, but not necessary)
- Demonstrates musical competency including basic music composition
- Proven track record of recruiting and leading worship team volunteers
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, team-building, and conflict resolution skills
- Bachelor’s degree or appropriate educational and professional experience
- Lead the G3 worship gatherings through singing, prayer, and Scripture reading as means of engaging the congregation in worship
- Stay apprised of the current contemporary worship world, tools to develop worship leadership, etc.
- Plan, arrange, and present music appropriate to the worship gathering (in coordination with the Lead Pastor), including research for new music and plan for when to begin practicing, how long it will take to learn, and when to begin introducing to the congregation.
- Prepare for weekly G3 worship gatherings
- Email music to the band, including YouTube links and chord charts
- Conduct weekly rehearsals with band members
- Manage weekly schedules for band members, sound technicians, and projection volunteers
- Create and maintain slides in ProPresenter for songs, sermons, and all other aspects of the worship gatherings, including searches for videos or readings for worship
- Send reminder texts or emails to sound/projection volunteers
- Set up and tear down for G3 worship gatherings * Oversee all audiovisual components for Sunday services
- Cut sermon each Sunday, upload to DropBox, send to the webmaster to post online
- Maintain a budget and turn in receipts monthly to Financial Assistant
- Meet weekly with the Lead Pastor
- Assist Lead Pastor with sermon series planning
- Plan and attend any leadership meetings, ministry gatherings, etc., as needed
- Other duties, as needed
Hours: Part-time (12-15 hours/week)
Salary: $12,500 (non-negotiable)
Preferred start date: July 15, 2019 (negotiable)
Midway United Methodist Church, Lexington, NC, has an opening for Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries.
Qualifications: A deep and personal faith in Jesus Christ, knowledge of the Christian faith within the Wesleyan tradition, knowledge of and comfort with UMC polity and structure, a bachelor’s degree in a related field required (master’s degree preferred) and an understanding of faith development for youth and children. Also required are strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well with other church leaders, the ability to multitask and strong time management skills.
Purpose: The Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries will build strong Disciples of Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth and children’s ministries in the areas of relationship-building, worship, discipleship, mission and outreach, while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Primary duties and responsibilities: Be an active member of the church with attendance and participation in two Sunday morning services and one Wednesday evening service, leading youth meetings on Sunday evenings and being available for youth at functions beyond the local church setting, being an advocate for the youth and children, coordinating curriculum and volunteers for all youth programming, providing caring support to youth and their families, planning and organizing youth mission trips, organizing youth participation in conference events, serving as a liaison with community organizations related to youth, working with the parent volunteer youth leaders in visioning and planning, developing youth leadership, coordinating a weekly children’s program after school and in the summer, conducting preschool chapel in rotation with the Senior Pastor, assisting the Senior Pastor with confirmation and completing general administrative and budgeting tasks. This position reports to the Senior Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Applicants should send a resume with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2019.
Children’s Music Director
Unity Moravian Church needs someone to prepare musical experiences with children through the year and especially Advent/Christmas programs, Lent/Easter programs, and Vacation Bible School Music. They will be expected to work with Christian Education Committee in providing “ongoing music” with children in Sunday School and other ministry opportunities. Qualifications: Loves the church and loves working with people of every age and political and religious philosophy; loves music and can play an instrument (piano, woodwind, string, guitar, brass… something)
Approximately 15 hours per week will be needed.
Contact: Rev. Barry Foster, Pastor Unity Moravian Church 8300 Concord Church Road Lewisville, NC 27023 (434) 709 - 0093
- Job Openings