Technology Ministries Director - Main Street UMC (Kernersville)
Basic Function: Provides congregational, ministerial and staff support in the diverse areas of technology while developing a ministry team of volunteers to serve the technical needs of all of Main Street UMC’s ministries.
- Commitment and enthusiasm for the Christian faith
- Experience and education relevant to the position
- Strong interpersonal communications skills required and the ability to work with a team
Services & Events:
- Responsible for the technical elements of all worship services
- Currently 9AM and 11AM Sunday morning (when able to, we will move back to 3 services on Sunday) and 5:30PM Wednesday evening Oasis service
- Recruit, train, equip and schedule a Technology Ministry Volunteer Team in the use of audio and video equipment to provide growth and enrichment for the church’s ministries
- Establish and maintain standards in audio and video ensuring a consistent worship experience
- Provide or arrange for technical & production services for all non-worship events such as children’s productions, weddings, and funerals
- Maintain audio, video, lighting and other technical elements on and off-campus
- Enhance and support the responsibilities of all ministers and staff utilizing the resources within the technology ministries area
Content & Production:
- Support ministers and service leaders through creation and production of content and any materials needed for all services & events, including high quality livestreaming of Wednesday and Sunday services to online platform(s)
- Work with the ministers and staff to coordinate the content of the worship services
- Produce and distribute content through various media for all services & events
- Ensure content meets church standards and requirements
Equipment & Network
- Maintain all personal computing devices owned by the church and in use by the staff in relation to church and ministerial operations
- Manage and maintain multiple networks for staff and church members’ use, while expanding and upgrading the network as needed
- Maintain all church-owned audio, video, computing, network and classroom A/V equipment
- Maintain an inventory of IT, sound, and media equipment
- Create user manuals for all equipment and update as needed
- Maintain related technical skills through training and on-going education.
Hours: Part Time employee (average 25 hours/week)
- 5 to 5.5 hours per week on Sunday morning for the worship services.
- 1 to 1.5 hours on Wednesday evening for the Oasis service.
- 3 to 3.5 hours per week in the office handling computer issues and attending the staff meeting with the worship planning team (remote allowed).
- Other hours will fluctuate with need and season.
- Some duties such as providing DVDs or doing post-production work may be handled from off-campus.
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Contact: Tina Crew, Financial Secretary, MSUMC
Part-Time Director of Contemporary Worship - Memorial UMC (Thomasville)
We are called by Christ to GROW in faith, BUILD relationships and SERVE all people
- Organizing, planning, leading, and conducting, as well as continually evaluating and providing for, the Sunday Contemporary worship service. The Director will work closely with the Ministers to ensure a meaningful spiritual service.
- Reporting to, and working closely with, the Senior Minister for weekly direction, worship planning, and administration.
- Working closely with the Contemporary Worship Service Committee to help plan and direct the service, including calling and conducting periodic meetings.
- Submitting annual budget and capital expense proposals to the Finance Committee in consultation with and assistance from the Director of Music and Senior Minister.
- Recruiting appropriate musicians for the Praise Band as needed. Rehearsing weekly (or as deemed necessary) with the members of the Praise Band to ensure the best possible musical experience in worship.
- Attending all called meetings for the entire staff and for the program staff.
- Coordinating and managing the Contemporary Worship teams associated with the service and ensuring that the responsibilities of the teams are covered each week. These include music and music team, worship arts and visuals team, technical team (audio/visual and streaming/broadcast systems), greeting and usher team, food setup and clean up team, and room setup and dismantle team.
Terms of Employment:
- This part-time position is a salaried position and the Director is expected to work 15-20 hours per week.
- The Director shall be allowed to be away up to a maximum of four (4) Sundays in a calendar year-one Sunday per quarter-for professional/vocational and/or personal growth and renewal purposes. These Sundays are to be determined and agreed upon in advance in consultation with the Senior Minster.
- When the Director is away, he/she will appoint a qualified substitute leader who will be given responsibility to ensure that the service is carried out as if the Director were present.
- The Director will ensure that the Contemporary Worship Service runs smoothly and efficiently whether the Director is present that morning or not.
The services of the Director will not be needed on Sundays when there is only one service, unless requested and coordinated by the Senior Minister. These Sundays will not be considered as part of the allowed four absences.
- There will be certain Sundays that the Director will be asked specifically not to be away. These dates will be determined and agreed upon in consultation with the Senior Minister.
-At least 1 year of leading a praise group in public worship preferred.
- Musical skills:
-Ability to lead worship and sing while playing the keyboard and/or guitar. Must have the ability to read music, create lead sheets, and lead other musicians.
- Theology: Understand the tenets and theology of the United Methodist Church.
Please submit resume in PDF form to email@example.com or contact Ken Hanner at 336-688-7303
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - TRINITY UMC (KING)
THE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (SECRETARY) is under the direct supervision of the pastor. This position includes, but is not limited to, duties and responsibilities, both assigned and implied, relating to secretarial and administrative functions. Confidentiality is absolutely requested in handling many situations. Individuals must represent the multifaceted ministry of Trinity and the love of God to a diverse constituency. Tasks to be provided include, but not limited to the following:
1. Perform secretarial duties for the pastor, members, and church organizations.
2. Serve as a receptionist during the hours the church office is open. The administrative assistant and the pastor will decide on days and hours when the office will be open. (Currently, hours are 9am – 1pm Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
3. Be Trinity’s ambassador to daily traffic through the church office.
4. Handle all correspondence.
5. Send letters and brochures to visitors.
6. Send memorial acknowledgements from the church to persons making memorial gifts and to the family. Keep the Book of Memory up-to-date.
7. Maintain a church filing system.
8. Keep church calendar. Schedule meetings.
9. Gather information for, type master copy, print and fold church bulletins.
10. Assist the communication committee in gathering information for newsletters.
11. Help prepare and type reports for the Charge Conference as required by the Discipline.
12. Prepare master and print minutes of Administrative Council meetings.
13. Pick up mail from the mail box each day.
14. Keep office reasonably clean and straight.
15. Clean copier on a regular basis.
16. Purchase printing and office supplies. Keep adequate supplies on hand.
17. Order rosebuds to be placed on the altar in thanksgiving for new babies.
18. Update information, type, print, fold, and assemble yearly church directory.
19. Keep Membership Book and all membership records up to date.
20. Assist the pastor by turning off all lights and locking church during work days.
21. Report any repairs needed in the church or facilities to the Board of Trustees. In some instances, call service persons and open church for them.
22. Assist the Cemetery Committee in acknowledging the sale of grave plots, reimbursing families when stone is erected, and keeping a record of grave plots sold.
The term of this covenant will be from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020 and a calendar year thereafter. The administrative assistance and the staff-parish relations committee will re-evaluate this covenant every year and decide whether to renew or amend it.
The salary of the Administrative Assistant will be set by the Administrative Council upon recommendations of the staff-parish relations committee and the other committees and boards of the church. The church treasurer will pay the administrative assistance monthly on the Monday after the fourth Sunday of each month.
Two weeks of paid vacation will be granted each year. The church will provide a substitute to type the bulletin and perform other tasks that cannot wait until the Administrative Assistant returns.
Three days of paid sick leave will be granted each year.
For more information or to apply, please contact Rev. Parker Haynes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTOR OF FAMILY MINISTRIES - SUNRISE G3 CHURCH
Accountable to: Lead Pastor and Staff-Parish
Position Summary: The person will be responsible for engaging in ministry with families in our church as well as connecting to families in our community. They will have primary responsibility for starting and overseeing our children’s ministry but be available to resource and support our youth ministry as needed. This position will begin as part-time (5-8 hours a week@ $20) with the potential of expanding in the future.
- Profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Commitment to God-honoring professionalism, personal spiritual growth, and strive to model a Christian lifestyle
- Consider this position a ministry and not just a job
- Has a deep love of God and people
- The ability to connect and develop relationships with Christian and non-Christian parents
- Ability to teach/disciple children in engaging creative ways
- Comfortable using and learning new technology in ministry
- Ability to create and oversee a team-based ministry
- Willingness to become familiar with current Christian education and spiritual development curriculum for children and youth.
- Ability to work together with the staff towards a unified mission
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- Prefer to have some experience working with children and parents
- Creating a family ministry in alignment with the church mission and vision.
- Overseeing planning, coordination, volunteer recruitment, and training for children’s ministry and resource youth ministry when needed.
- Creating, implementing, and administering appropriate policies, procedures, and rules to ensure the safety of all persons.
- Administering children and youth tasks ministry tasks including the volunteer background checks, and purchase of appropriate resources and educational materials including curriculums and supplies.
- Establishing and using feedback systems for regularly assessing program effectiveness.
- Making recommendations to the Lead Pastor regarding issues that may need to be addressed for the future development of the church ministries.
For more information or to apply, please contact Rev. Ron Garner by email (email@example.com) or by phone at 336/926-2297
WORSHIP LEADER - SUNRISE G3 CHURCH
Purpose of the position: To primarily lead the musical portion of the Sunday service and oversee and coordinate the technical, online and media elements
Reports to: Lead Pastor
- A strong, spiritual leader with an active faith, an intimate walk with the Lord, and a passion for worship
- Proficient and experienced in vocal worship leadership (ability to lead with an instrument preferable, but not necessary)
- Demonstrates musical competency
- Proven track record of recruiting and leading worship team volunteers
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, team-building, and conflict resolution skills
- Bachelor’s degree and/or appropriate experience
- Lead Sunday morning worship gatherings through singing, prayer, and Scripture reading as a means of engaging the congregation in worship
- Stay apprised of the current contemporary worship world, tools to develop worship leadership, etc.
- Plan, arrange, and present music appropriate to the worship gathering (in coordination with the Lead Pastor), including research for new music and plan for when to begin practicing, how long it will take to learn, and when to begin introducing to the congregation.
- Prepare for weekly worship gatherings
- Email music to praise team, including YouTube links and chord charts
- Conduct weekly rehearsals with praise team members
- Manage weekly schedules for band members, sound technicians, and projection volunteers
- Create and maintain slides in ProPresenter for songs, sermons, and all other aspects of the worship gatherings, including searches for videos or readings for worship
- Send reminder texts or emails to sound/projection volunteers
- Set up and tear down for worship services
- Oversee all audiovisual components for Sunday services (when worshipping inside)
- Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor (in person or zoom)
- Assist Lead Pastor with sermon series planning
- Plan and attend any leadership meetings, ministry gatherings, etc., as needed
- Other duties, as needed
Compensation: $150-200 a week based on experience
Preferred start date: October 1st
For more information or to apply, please contact Rev. Ron Garner by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 336/926-2297.
- Job Openings