Administrative Assistant - Memorial UMC
We are called by Christ to GROW in faith, BUILD relationships and SERVE all people
Memorial United Methodist Church in Thomasville, NC, is seeking an exceptional candidate for the role of Administrative Assistant to work effectively as part of a team.
The ideal candidate has excellent administrative, organizational, technology, and people skills, in addition to the ability to maintain confidentiality. Attention to detail and self-direction is essential. Familiarity with Realm ACS, MS Office 365, Wordpress, Zoom, Facebook, Mailchimp, and other digital/social media platforms is helpful. A willingness to learn is a necessity. Minimum qualifications include some college education beyond high school, three to five years of office experience that includes demonstrated utilization of technology, efficient and accurate project management, and effective communication.
This is a full-time, 32-hour per week position that includes pension and health insurance contributions. Compensation is based on candidate’s skills and experience. Memorial UMC is an equal opportunity employer.
A letter highlighting the applicant’s skills and experience should accompany the Employment Application and be submitted to the MUMC Search Committee by February 12th. Application materials can be mailed to the church or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please visit http://mumctville.org/
General responsibilities include:
- Receiving and responding to calls and messages
- Maintaining church membership records (transfers, baptism, weddings, deaths, etc)
- Preparations for new members
- Newsletter and bulletin preparation
- Maintaining church calendar and facility/event reservations
- Assist committees with communication and materials, as needed
- Order and maintain office and committee supplies
- Maintain files timely for statistical yearly reporting and charge conference
- Prepare materials needed for special events and activities
- Participate in priority cross-training
- Use appropriate technology and social media for completion of responsibilities
- Use special software program to update the church sign with priority information/promotion of events
- Complete social media tasks, such as uploading pictures of events and creating events for promoting services and activities, and updating the email list in MailChimp
- Provide support services for various leadership groups and staff needs
Communications Director - Mount Tabor UMC (Winston-Salem)
This director will lead in setting the direction as well as the strategic implementation of all internal and external communications for all Mount Tabor UMC ministries to consistently articulate, enable and fulfill church’s mission and vision. This individual will be a creative, innovative, strategic thinker and a results-driven team leader and administrator and report directly to the Senior Pastor.
Interested applicants should go to https://www.mttaborumc.org/employment-opportunities online to review the full job description as well as the salary/benefits and to download a copy of the Mount Tabor UMC Job Application. Also detailed information for submitting an application package—consisting of the job application, current resume, portfolio and writing samples—as well as the application timeframe can be found at the link.
Contact Deborah Keaton (336-817-8830) with any questions regarding the posting process.
Part-Time Technology Associate - Clemmons UMC
To be considered, candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The Technology Associate is responsible for all church technological productions, communications via social media platforms, and acts as a liaison to church Technology Consulting firm.
The Technology Associate reports to the Senior Pastor and conducts weekly filming and editing of services. This position also compiles and edits all slide presentations for AV system used during services, as well as organizes and trains all volunteers. Also responsible for managing social media communications for the church. Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Technology background, experience with Mac and Apple products, experience with Final Cut Pro and Pro Presenter, and experience managing social media communications for a church or company.
We expect spiritual leadership and growth while being a part of Clemmons United Methodist Church team. The senior pastor is a key team player in helping guide this ministry to fulfill its vision and mission.
- Consult weekly with Senior Pastor and other members of the staff about special needs for coming worship services.
- Film and edit weekly services and post them to the church website
- Consult with church groups to film and edit Mission Moments to include during services
- The Technology Associate serves on the Communications and Worship Committees.
- Maintaining the church website.
- Participate in staff development opportunities as invited by the Senior Pastor.
- Notify the Senior Pastor when vacation or sick leave is desired or needed.
- Work with Church staff- (paid and volunteer)- as a team - offering mutual openness, cooperation, flexibility, feedback, empathy, and encouragement.
- Conduct himself/herself at all times in a way becoming of a Christian.
- Other duties as directed by the Senior Pastor.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - TRINITY UMC (KING)
THE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (SECRETARY) is under the direct supervision of the pastor. This position includes, but is not limited to, duties and responsibilities, both assigned and implied, relating to secretarial and administrative functions. Confidentiality is absolutely requested in handling many situations. Individuals must represent the multifaceted ministry of Trinity and the love of God to a diverse constituency. Tasks to be provided include, but not limited to the following:
1. Perform secretarial duties for the pastor, members, and church organizations.
2. Serve as a receptionist during the hours the church office is open. The administrative assistant and the pastor will decide on days and hours when the office will be open. (Currently, hours are 9am – 1pm Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
3. Be Trinity’s ambassador to daily traffic through the church office.
4. Handle all correspondence.
5. Send letters and brochures to visitors.
6. Send memorial acknowledgements from the church to persons making memorial gifts and to the family. Keep the Book of Memory up-to-date.
7. Maintain a church filing system.
8. Keep church calendar. Schedule meetings.
9. Gather information for, type master copy, print and fold church bulletins.
10. Assist the communication committee in gathering information for newsletters.
11. Help prepare and type reports for the Charge Conference as required by the Discipline.
12. Prepare master and print minutes of Administrative Council meetings.
13. Pick up mail from the mail box each day.
14. Keep office reasonably clean and straight.
15. Clean copier on a regular basis.
16. Purchase printing and office supplies. Keep adequate supplies on hand.
17. Order rosebuds to be placed on the altar in thanksgiving for new babies.
18. Update information, type, print, fold, and assemble yearly church directory.
19. Keep Membership Book and all membership records up to date.
20. Assist the pastor by turning off all lights and locking church during work days.
21. Report any repairs needed in the church or facilities to the Board of Trustees. In some instances, call service persons and open church for them.
22. Assist the Cemetery Committee in acknowledging the sale of grave plots, reimbursing families when stone is erected, and keeping a record of grave plots sold.
The term of this covenant will be from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020 and a calendar year thereafter. The administrative assistance and the staff-parish relations committee will re-evaluate this covenant every year and decide whether to renew or amend it.
The salary of the Administrative Assistant will be set by the Administrative Council upon recommendations of the staff-parish relations committee and the other committees and boards of the church. The church treasurer will pay the administrative assistance monthly on the Monday after the fourth Sunday of each month.
Two weeks of paid vacation will be granted each year. The church will provide a substitute to type the bulletin and perform other tasks that cannot wait until the Administrative Assistant returns.
Three days of paid sick leave will be granted each year.
For more information or to apply, please contact Rev. Parker Haynes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTOR OF FAMILY MINISTRIES - SUNRISE G3 CHURCH
Accountable to: Lead Pastor and Staff-Parish
Position Summary: The person will be responsible for engaging in ministry with families in our church as well as connecting to families in our community. They will have primary responsibility for starting and overseeing our children’s ministry but be available to resource and support our youth ministry as needed. This position will begin as part-time (5-8 hours a week@ $20) with the potential of expanding in the future.
- Profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Commitment to God-honoring professionalism, personal spiritual growth, and strive to model a Christian lifestyle
- Consider this position a ministry and not just a job
- Has a deep love of God and people
- The ability to connect and develop relationships with Christian and non-Christian parents
- Ability to teach/disciple children in engaging creative ways
- Comfortable using and learning new technology in ministry
- Ability to create and oversee a team-based ministry
- Willingness to become familiar with current Christian education and spiritual development curriculum for children and youth.
- Ability to work together with the staff towards a unified mission
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- Prefer to have some experience working with children and parents
- Creating a family ministry in alignment with the church mission and vision.
- Overseeing planning, coordination, volunteer recruitment, and training for children’s ministry and resource youth ministry when needed.
- Creating, implementing, and administering appropriate policies, procedures, and rules to ensure the safety of all persons.
- Administering children and youth tasks ministry tasks including the volunteer background checks, and purchase of appropriate resources and educational materials including curriculums and supplies.
- Establishing and using feedback systems for regularly assessing program effectiveness.
- Making recommendations to the Lead Pastor regarding issues that may need to be addressed for the future development of the church ministries.
For more information or to apply, please contact Rev. Ron Garner by email (email@example.com) or by phone at 336/926-2297
WORSHIP LEADER - SUNRISE G3 CHURCH
Purpose of the position: To primarily lead the musical portion of the Sunday service and oversee and coordinate the technical, online and media elements
Reports to: Lead Pastor
- A strong, spiritual leader with an active faith, an intimate walk with the Lord, and a passion for worship
- Proficient and experienced in vocal worship leadership (ability to lead with an instrument preferable, but not necessary)
- Demonstrates musical competency
- Proven track record of recruiting and leading worship team volunteers
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, team-building, and conflict resolution skills
- Bachelor’s degree and/or appropriate experience
- Lead Sunday morning worship gatherings through singing, prayer, and Scripture reading as a means of engaging the congregation in worship
- Stay apprised of the current contemporary worship world, tools to develop worship leadership, etc.
- Plan, arrange, and present music appropriate to the worship gathering (in coordination with the Lead Pastor), including research for new music and plan for when to begin practicing, how long it will take to learn, and when to begin introducing to the congregation.
- Prepare for weekly worship gatherings
- Email music to praise team, including YouTube links and chord charts
- Conduct weekly rehearsals with praise team members
- Manage weekly schedules for band members, sound technicians, and projection volunteers
- Create and maintain slides in ProPresenter for songs, sermons, and all other aspects of the worship gatherings, including searches for videos or readings for worship
- Send reminder texts or emails to sound/projection volunteers
- Set up and tear down for worship services
- Oversee all audiovisual components for Sunday services (when worshipping inside)
- Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor (in person or zoom)
- Assist Lead Pastor with sermon series planning
- Plan and attend any leadership meetings, ministry gatherings, etc., as needed
- Other duties, as needed
Compensation: $150-200 a week based on experience
Preferred start date: October 1st
For more information or to apply, please contact Rev. Ron Garner by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 336/926-2297.
- Job Openings