Maple Springs UMC, 2569 Reynolda Road in Winston-Salem, has an opening for an Office Manager.
As the face of the church, this position will be the central contact for daily church operations of Maple Springs UMC and provide administrative support for the staff and lay leadership. As Office Manager, this role will be accountable for identifying, evaluating and addressing the operational needs of the church to support lifelong Christian discipleship and community evangelism. By providing support to the Pastors, staff and lay leadership, this position enables church leaders to fulfill their roles in ministry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
-Assist the Pastors in managing their calendars and scheduling appointments.-Support the communications needs of the Pastors and staff by preparing and sending letters and emails as requested.
-Attend staff meeting and facilitate the discussion of administrative items.
-Assist with Development of annual administrative budget for management of office.
-Manage master church calendar and room reservations on website in coordination with Staff and Trustees.
-Provide communication and coordination as needed with the cleaning service with Trustees.
-Coordinate with pastors for the communication with visitors/guests, new members and those transferring membership to include personal follow-up communications, adding to mailing lists and database and sharing with note-writing team.
-Enter guest information from services into database
-Maintain the church contact and membership database and track ministry activity of members via church software.
-Provide new member forms/baptism forms completed by pastors to Membership Secretary. Acknowledge new members and new babies in written bulletin announcement the week after joining/birth, and in the month’s newsletters.-Set-up and maintain a filing system for church records. Each group has their own at this time – would like for Office Manager to maintain these files in a central location.
-Provide administrative assistance and event logistics for the staff and lay leaders.
-Prepare monthly newsletter for email and website format in conjunction with church marketing plans, making adjustments as needed for email distribution, mailing, and uploading to website.
-Maintain the church website including calendars, announcements, documents, pictures, and text copy, ensuring timeliness and continuity among written announcements and website information.
-Organize and gather announcements for weekly e-news. Distribute e-news weekly on Wednesday.
-Manage information flow to staff, including important news, birth/death announcements, etc. Keep hospital reports and communicate updates to pastors and lay care teams.
-Support Marketing/Communications work as needed – Website, Social Media and Signs.
-Manage the office including equipment, supplies and technology.
-Maintain inventory of all church technology assets, including all firewalls and safekeeping of computer passwords.
-Prepare all church bulletins, including Sunday worship bulletins, special services, and funerals.
-Distribute mail and secure postage for the postage meter/maintain petty cash.
-Compile and submit all reports needed for Charge Conference and the Western North Carolina Annual Conference Year End Reports.
-Provide day-to-day guidance to the volunteer receptionists and coordinate volunteers to help with various office projects.
-Other duties as required.
Skills and Competencies:
-Experienced and effective administrator
-Able to work well with Pastors, staff, lay leadership, members and the public
-Able to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
-Self-starter who has critical thinking skills, is able to work independently and recognize needs, gaps and opportunities and initiate solutions
-Working knowledge of United Methodist worship and policy
-Friendly, Reliable, Courteous and Professional in dealing with members, visitors and vendors
-Excellent verbal and written communications skills
-Knowledge of Office Equipment including complex printers, computer hardware (Mac and PC) and computer software including Microsoft Office Suite and E-Z Worship/Pro-Presenter
-Basic Website Maintenance Skills and ability to learn to work with Elexio
Hours of Employment:
-The position will be 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Resume and references may be sent by mail to:
Maple Springs United Methodist Church
ATTN: Staff Parish Relations Committee
2569 Reynolda Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27106
Submissions can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline: November 26, 2019
Centenary United Methodist Church, a large congregation in downtown Winston Salem, NC, has an immediate opening for a full-time Children’s Ministry Assistant who along with the Associate Minister with Children would work to support and lead the comprehensive and holistic ministry to children and their families.
Centenary is currently undergoing a renovation to its children’s ministry space and this position would have the opportunity to work with the congregation to live into this new space and its greater capacity for excellent ministry with children and their families.
If you find joy in being in ministry with children and their families, and have a desire to nurture growing disciples of Jesus Christ we would like to get to know you.
To view the complete job description, visit centenary-ws.org
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to Mary Ann Wexler, Executive Director at email@example.com.
Mt. Olivet UMC, 1082 Community Road, Lexington, seeks a part-time Children and Youth Christian Coordinator.
This person reports to the Senior Pastor and is accountable to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee. This position involves community outreach with a commitment to Christian discipleship, partnered with other ministries within the church. This position involves coordinating events with the larger church calendar, recruiting, equipping, and motivating volunteer servants to lead in various ministries to reach children ages Kindergarten through 12th grade. This person must follow Safe Sanctuary Guidelines at all times.
*Familiar with United Methodist Doctrine and Polity
*Experienced children/youth coordinator with a minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related
*Willing to work 25 hours per week.
*Willing to be certified as UM Lay Servant/Speaker
*Successfully pass a criminal background check
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Children and Youth
- Actively engage in relationship building with children and youth in the church and community (ages for children and youth stated in safe sanctuary guidelines).
- Teach Children and Youth spiritual growth in Biblical lessons.
- Oversee children and youth outreach events and participate in community events initiated by staff and volunteers.
- Recruit, train, and oversee all volunteers in the area of Children and Youth Ministries, including Sunday School, Children’s Church, and midweek opportunities.
- Attend planning meetings with the staff and other ministry leaders for planning and coordination.
- Assist with Vacation Bible School
- Uphold and enforce the Safe Sanctuary policy.
- Develop a Children’s Council and oversee the annual budget for Children and Youth Ministries. In conjunction with this group, choose appropriate curriculum and programming, regularly evaluating and communicating ministries to children and their families to see that community needs are being met.
- Oversight of Children & Youth Discipleship ministries, focusing on resourcing existing classes with increased curriculum choices and creating new opportunities for spiritual formation. Assist the pastor with training for new teachers and small group leaders. Work with the Pastor to organize Confirmation Classes as needed.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Senior Pastor as needed for the mission of the church pertaining to children and youth.
- Conduct regular Children and Youth meetings and events.
- When necessary, counsel youth under advisement of pastor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Worship
- Be present in Worship Services
- Assist in worship services with Eucharist, Lay Speaking, Liturgies, Children’s Time.
- In pastor’s absence this person will be the lay speaker in charge of worship
If interested in this position please submit your resume to Rev. Sandra Ireson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time Director of Youth Ministries, New Hope United Methodist Church, Winston-Salem
Primary Focus (Major purpose):
Create and establish a successful youth ministry program that nurtures youth in their personal and spiritual growth with Jesus Christ. This program would provide opportunities for collaborative worship, Bible studies, mission and service ministries, fellowship and leadership development. Provide opportunities to reach out in the community in a welcoming way with an intent to grow the youth group.
- 10-15 Hours per week (including worship attendance)
- Experience supervising and/or directing youth ministry preferred
- A strong spiritual foundation and ability to verbalize theology
- Self-motivated, optimistic and enthusiastic with strong leadership, team building and resolution skills
- Communication skills verbal and written, including ability to collaborate and coordinate well with other ministries, staff members, and youth parents
Areas of Responsibility:
- Call, Organize, and Lead Youth Council Meetings a minimum of quarterly
- Develop a year round program that includes: Bible study and prayer, worship participation, social activities, retreats, mission and service projects and fundraisers, leadership development (In conjunction with the Youth Council)
- Select and Utilize a Theological Study approved by Pastor
- Create and oversee the implementation of an annual plan and budget, working with Youth Council
- Be present for, oversee, and conduct weekly youth programs. Recruit assistance as necessary
- Attend designated meetings as directed by the Pastor/Supervisor (such as Council Meeting or staff meetings)
- Promote youth ministries and programs within the community. Communicate through newsletter, bulletins, emails, phone, posters and so on. Maintain a youth calendar. Distribute monthly newsletter and calendar
- Establish a one-on-one relationship with youth in accordance with safe sanctuary policy
- Participate in Worship and coordinate youth leadership for worship services in conjunction with the Pastor and Worship Committee.
- Create collaborative, interactive programs between youth and other church committees and groups (such as Senior Citizens, VBS, or Church Choir).
- Assume other duties or responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Be accessible to youth.
- Follow all church policies
- Create a culture among the youth that promotes inclusion and a loving Christian attitude toward others and all church staff
- Be enthusiastic, creative, and self-motivated
- Organize events in a timely manner, requesting assistance as needed
The Director of Youth Ministries will work under the direction of the Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Please send resume to: Cheryl Morris at email@example.com.
Center UMC (Welcome) - Worship Director for Contemporary Service
First and foremost, the worship leader would need a strong Christian character and lead the people in the presence of God. We feel to do this they would need to live in a vital, personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Also, accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God – our final authority for faith and life. We ask for a strong commitment to the ministry of Center United Methodist Church. Candidate should possess experience, training and expertise in the field of music and worship as well as set a good example of personal, spiritual, and family life.
Below is a list of position requirements:
- Strong vocalist
- Key board player preferred (instruments other than keyboard acceptable)
- Prepare all praise team music each week in cooperation with the Pastor
- Lead the praise band as well as play a role in leading the service
- Schedule and lead weekly praise band practice
- Attend Worship committee meeting as appropriate
- Develop and continue to build our contemporary service as well as the praise band
- Monthly staff meetings
- Work with Youth as requested
- Play a role in special services
- Hours vary per week
- Salary varies based on experience
If interested, please contact Tim Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-239-8520.
- Job Openings