Director of Youth Ministries and Creative Communications
Morris Chapel United Methodist Church in Walkertown, NC is seeking a high energy, dynamic and youth leader to oversee our youth ministries as well as produce creative communication pieces such as video promotional youth engagement pieces.
This Leader must have a passion for developing youth geared programming that both engages our youth as well as guides them in building their Christian values. The Director of Youth Ministries will also create opportunities for youth to represent Morris Chapel in missions in our community as well as our surrounding community. The Leader must be creative in directing youth activities as well as delivering content for learning.
This position is full-time and includes the option of housing at a reduced monthly rate near the church campus. Morris Chapel is a vital United Methodist Church in Walkertown located just outside of Winston-Salem. Training in Youth ministry and/or Christian Discipleship is desirable. Candidates will be required to complete a background check in accordance with our hiring policies. Please send a resume including reference contacts to our Staff-Parish Chairperson, Karen Fishel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position available beginning August, 2021.
Worship Leader - G3 UMC
Purpose of the position: To primarily
lead the musical portion of the Sunday
service and oversee and coordinate the
technical, online, and media elements
Reports to: Lead Pastor
● A strong, spiritual leader with an
active faith, an intimate walk with the
Lord, and a passion for worship
● Proficient and experienced in
vocal worship leadership (ability to lead
with an instrument preferable, but not
● Demonstrates musical competency
● Proven track record of recruiting
and leading worship team volunteers
● Strong leadership, interpersonal,
communication, team-building, and
conflict resolution skills
● Bachelor’s degree and/or appropriate experience
● Lead Sunday morning worship gatherings through singing, prayer, and Scripture reading as a means
of engaging the congregation in worship
● Stay apprised of the current contemporary worship world, tools to develop worship leadership, etc.
● Plan, arrange, and present music appropriate to the worship gathering (in coordination with the
Lead Pastor), including research for new music and plan for when to begin practicing, how long it
will take to learn, and when to begin introducing to the congregation.
● Prepare for weekly worship gatherings
o Email music to praise team, including YouTube links and chord charts
o Conduct weekly rehearsals with praise team members
o Manage weekly schedules for band members, sound technicians, and projection volunteers
o Create and maintain slides in ProPresenter for songs, sermons, and all other aspects of the
worship gatherings, including searches for videos or readings for worship
o Send reminder texts or emails to sound/projection volunteers
o Set up and tear down for G3 worship gatherings
● Oversee all audiovisual components for Sunday services (when worshipping inside)
● Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor (in person or zoom)
● Assist Lead Pastor with sermon series planning
● Plan and attend any leadership meetings, ministry gatherings, etc., as needed
● Other duties, as needed
Compensation: $150-200 a week based on experience
Preferred start date: TBD
For more information or to apply, please contact Rev. Ron Garner by email (email@example.com) or by phone at 336/926-2297
Director of Traditional Worship Arts - Mount Tabor UMC
Mount Tabor UMC, a Winston-Salem, North Carolina church with 2200+ members, seeks an experienced musical professional for the position of Director of Traditional Worship Arts. This is a 35 hour per week, full-time, salaried position that is designed to implement the mission of Mount Tabor United Methodist Church, by crossing musical boundaries, engaging with the entire church and reaching out to the community with comprehensive worship arts, consistent with helping all persons grow in their faith. This is achieved by the oversight, direction and coordination of the Traditional service worship arts ministries and activities.
The qualified candidate should preferably have a Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a recognized and relevant field of music with 5 years of experience supervising and/or directing a musical group in a church setting. This candidate should also have a strong spiritual foundation and proven ability to conduct a diverse and comprehensive Traditional service church music program. They should be self-motivated, creative, optimistic and enthusiastic, with strong leadership, team building and conflict resolution skills as well as strong interpersonal, connectional and communication skills.
The church will run a background and criminal check as well as require a drug test prior to employment.
Full job description, details and a Mount Tabor Job Application are located at:
The job application can be downloaded, completed, and saved as an attachment for email. We also require your resume. Email attachments should include first and last name in any file name you create.
Email application package to:
Deborah Keaton, Staff Parish Relations Committee
Contact Deborah Keaton 336-817-8830 with any questions about the application process.
**Applications. with resumes, will be accepted through
5 PM on Wednesday, May 26, 202**
Through-the-Week School Director at Ardmore UMC
Ardmore United Methodist Church is in search of a Part-time Preschool Director for our Thru the Week preschool program. This position is responsible for all aspects of the preschool program for AUMC and acts as an extension of our ministry work through the Church Council. Our program operates Monday- Friday 9 am -12:30 pm with an average enrollment of 90 children and 25 staff members. Interested candidates should email their resume to Eddie Draughn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is part of an integrated approach to community evangelism and lifelong Christian discipleship, and it will partner closely with other ministry areas of the church. It involves Christian leadership and active ministry with children and their families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Exercise overall supervision of the Through-the-Week School, including oversight of goals, policies, budgets, and staffing concerns. In consultation with the Director of Christian Education and Board, interview and hire all personnel to ﬁll staff vacancies according to qualiﬁcations, certiﬁcation, and tenure.
2. Assure that all school practices comply or exceed the church’s Safe Sanctuaries policies.
3. Coordinate the curriculum of each grade level. With the input of the Director of Christian Education, plan for the inclusion of religious training in the curricula of all classes. Work to address the spiritual needs of the families, engaging in evangelism and invitation whenever possible.
4. Schedule the time and duties of each staff member. Oversee optimal enrollment and regular teacher training.
5. Collect monthly tuition and be responsible for collecting any accounts that may be in arrears.
6. Assure that qualiﬁed substitute teachers are in place when a teacher must be absent from the classroom.
7. Maintain communications with the Senior Pastor and staff as pertains to the ongoing work of the School. Regular evaluations will be conducted by the Senior Pastor and the AUMC Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
8. Attend Church Staff Meetings, Church Council Meetings, and meetings with other ministry leaders for planning and coordination.
9. Oversee purchase of all supplies and refreshments.
10. Schedule all ﬁeld trips in consultation with teaching goals.
11. Meet regularly with the Through-the-Week School Committee.
12. Counsel with parents and teachers upon request or as needs emerge.
13. Perform any other duties as requested by the Senior Pastor and needed for the mission of the church. The above statements are intended to describe the general work of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required or that may be expected based on needs that may occur.
Status: Paid bi-monthly by TTWS
All salary support comes from TTWS
Salary: Salary will commensurate with experience and education Supervised by Director of Christian Education
Arbor Acres Retirement Community is hiring!
join the Team and be a part of thier beautiful campus.
CNAs - $15 per hour
RN Clinical Manager - Home Care
Cooks - $14 per hour
Servers - $11 per hour
Dishwashers - $11 per hour
Resident Nutrition Assistants
EMT/Security Patrol PT
Human Resources Coordinator
Check out their career page for the full job descriptions and shifts available. Note the great benefits!
Communications Director - Mount Tabor UMC
This director will lead in setting the direction as well as the strategic implementation of all internal and external communications for all Mount Tabor UMC ministries to consistently articulate, enable and fulfill church’s mission and vision. This individual will be a creative, innovative, strategic thinker and a results-driven team leader and administrator and report directly to the Senior Pastor.
Interested applicants should go to https://www.mttaborumc.org/employment-opportunities online to review the full job description as well as the salary/benefits and to download a copy of the Mount Tabor UMC Job Application. Also detailed information for submitting an application package—consisting of the job application, current resume, portfolio and writing samples—as well as the application timeframe can be found at the link.
Contact Deborah Keaton (336-817-8830) with any questions regarding the posting process.
- Job Openings