Director of Youth Ministries – Fair Grove UMC, Thomasville, NC
Fair Grove United Methodist Church, Thomasville, N.C., the oldest Methodist congregation in Davidson County, is currently seeking a creative and energetic director for our Youth Ministry (6th – 12th grade). He or she will work with the Youth Leadership Team to vision, plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach. Our mission at FGUMC is to make disciples of Christ who worship God, grow in their faith, and serve in the church and world. This is a part-time position. Please forward a cover letter and resume to: Marvine Myers, Staff Parish Relations Committee at email@example.com .
Part Time Director of Children & Senior Adult Ministries - Central UMC Mount Airy, NC
Central UMC is seeking a part time Director of Children & Senior Adult Ministries (DCS). The ideal candidate should first and foremost have a great love for Jesus Christ our Savior. The DCS shall have appropriate training, skills, and experience to support related ministry teams in planning, organizing, and implementing children’s and senior adult ministries here at Central UMC. The employee shall be able to articulate a call to Christian ministry and commitment to encourage lay leadership to embrace their own call to Christ's Church in ways that inform and strengthen Central UMC as an intergenerational community of faith. The DCS will report directly to the Senior Pastor. Please see our church website for a full job description at http://centralumcma.org. If interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part Time Director of Youth Ministries - Central UMC, Mount Airy, NC
Central UMC is seeking a part time Director of Youth Ministries (DYM). The ideal candidate should first and foremost have a great love for Jesus Christ our Savior. The DYM shall have appropriate training, skills, and experience to support related ministry teams in planning, organizing, and implementing youth ministries here at Central UMC. The employee shall be able to articulate a call to Christian ministry and commitment to encourage lay leadership to embrace their own call to Christ's Church in ways that inform and strengthen Central UMC as an intergenerational community of faith. The DYM will report directly to the Senior Pastor. Please see our church website for a full job description at http://centralumcma.org. If interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Part-time children and Youth Director - Love’s UMC, Walkertown, NC
Love's United Methodist Church in Walkertown, NC is looking for a part-time Children's and Youth Director. We are seeking someone who has a relationship with the Lord, and who desires to share that relationship with children and youth. It would help if the candidate has experience and training in the ministry of children and youth. The Children and Youth Director report directly to the Pastor. For those who are interested in this position, please contact Mr. Mardy Murray, SPRC Chair at 336-650-6972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time Student Ministry Associate - Stony Knoll UMC, East Bend
Stony Knoll United Methodist Church of East Bend, NC is seeking a part-time (Quarter time, roughly 10 hours per week) Student Ministry Associate to begin service on September 1st, 2018. The student ministry engages students grades 6-12 in weekly youth group meetings, Sunday school, retreat and outreach events.
Pine Grove UMC, 1130 Jonestown Road, Winston-Salem, has an opening for an Administrative Assistant.
Overview: The Administrative Assistant works with the Pastor providing administrative support and interfaces with the church staff, the larger church body, and the community and so must have a highly engaging and friendly personality. This position is accountable to both the SPPRC and the Pastor must have a commitment to and love for Jesus Christ.
Compensation & Terms of Employment
Hours: 12 hours weekly (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM)
Compensation is paid on an hourly basis as established by SPPRC and approved by the Finance Committee. Additional resources are available for travel and Continuing Education
Should a holiday fall on a scheduled work day, the expectation exists to fulfill the 12-hour work week within one month’s time. (additional flexibility during the months of November, December, and January each year is available.)
A 90-day review will be conducted as part of this position.
Necessary Skills and Experience
A high degree of proficiency in MS Word, MS Publisher, MS PowerPoint. Facebook & Website Maintenance, proficiency in MS Excel, as well as Gmail a plus. A successful candidate must possess organizational skills, good interpersonal skills, efficient written and oral communication skills, and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
A knowledge of and appreciation for the United Methodist Church, its practices and procedures would be preferred for this position.
Minimum of two years of experience in an office environment desired.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Greet visitors and answer the telephone with enthusiasm, answering questions when needed. This position sets the impression of the church.
- Administer “Loaves and Fishes” requests according to guidelines for Pastor’s approval.
- Process incoming mail, email, and phone calls. Prioritize and distribute appropriately.
- Process billing and check requests weekly for Church Treasurer.
- Prepare Annual Charge Conference materials and WNCC annual statistical reports.
- Maintain church files and records.
- Schedule events/meetings on the Church Reservation Calendar, schedule usage of fellowship hall, the church bus, and keep all church calendars current. Consult Pastor or Board of Trustee Member when appropriate. Issue/retrieve keys and alarm codes as needed.
- Generate correspondence, provide for review and signature of the Pastor, and mail once approved.
- When special gifts are given in honor/memory of a loved one, send acknowledgement cards to donors and recipients.
- Have basic knowledge of and send messages on the Phone Tree Notification System.
- Maintain the church’s electronic sign, website and Face Book Page.
- Work with Newsletter team to format and print the monthly newsletter.
- Update and maintain narthex kiosk, & church bulletin boards.
- Prepare worship bulletins with information from Pastor and Music Director. In the case of special events, be aware of items to be added or deleted in the Order of Worship. Print and place bulletins in designated areas. (Weekly worship, funerals, special seasonal services)
- Prepare worship slides.
- Maintain a supply of postage stamps, church envelopes, copy paper, printer ink, toner cartridges, and miscellaneous office supplies. Consult with Pastor regarding additional purchases. May require trips to Staples and US Post Office as needed.
- As needed, order ministry materials.
- Additional Duties as Required by SPRC / Pastor
1. A criminal background and credit check will be conducted as part of the employment process according to our Safe Sanctuary policy.
2. Please submit cover letter, resume, and at least three references to email@example.com
Bethlehem UMC, 321 Redland Road, Advance, has an opening for a Children's Director.
The Children's Director must be able to coordinate volunteers, work with various church members, organize events, support Methodist beliefs, relate well with children birth to fifth grade and encourage the children and their parents to develop a deeper relationship with God and the church.
Responsibilities of the part-time Children's Ministry Director:
- Conduct the Children's Moment each week at the 11AM worship service or when needed, find a volunteer to do so.
- Lead Children's Church following the Children's Moment during the 11 o'clock service. If the director needs to be away, they should recruit volunteers to serve in their place. The director should be directly involved if they use a volunteer for the lesson on any given Sunday. It is also important that the director recruit weekly volunteers to assist them in keeping with Bethlehem's Safe Sanctuary guidelines. Materials should be provided when a volunteer assumes the teacher role.
- Coordinate children's Sunday School by teaching or recruiting teachers for nursery through 5th grade. Materials should be provided for volunteer teachers. The director may choose to recruit a nursery coordinator or do the weekly schedule themselves. Make recommendations for Sunday School curriculum in conjunction with the pastor and Education Committee. The selected materials should be ordered by the director.
- Consult with the pastor about providing nursery care at special church events when a nursery would be beneficial.
- Maintain financial records of all expenditures associated with this position.
- Establish and maintain an outreach to the community and schools by:
- Coordinating VBS-choosing curriculum and/or activities, recruiting and training volunteers, advertising the events, preparing a master schedule and coordinating with other church groups.
- Organizing a yearly summer mission camp for children within and outside the church family.
- Coordinating (with the Youth Minister) two or three special children and youth events. They might include an Easter Egg Hunt, End-of -School party, Trunk or Treat or another event selected by the directors.
- Coordinating with pre-school
Please submit resumes to Shannon Wombaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Openings