MUSIC DIRECTOR - CHERRY STREET UMC, KERNERSVILLE, NC
Start Date: June 1, 2020
Average Sunday worship attendance is 45 with a congregation mix of senior adults, young married couples and school aged children. Our worship style is traditional with a small choir consisting of eight to ten members. The choir is comfortable singing simple to moderately difficult music and traditionally takes the month of July off. We are a small Church that has been described by the District Superintendent as a “Happy Church”. Interested applicants must be of the Christian faith and comfortable in a traditional Protestant Church setting.
- Select and play all music for Sunday morning worship, special music during Lent, Easter and Christmas season, and six one-half-hour hymn services at a local assisted living facility.
- Lead one choir rehearsal per week
- Provide own transportation to all job activities
- Play piano
- Ability to simultaneously play and direct
- Well organized
- Dependable and creative
- Lead choir rehearsal
- Match anthem and hymn selections to sermon scripture
- Perform tasks with minimal supervision
- $450 per month
- Self employed 1099 status
- Two paid missed Sunday/rehearsals per calendar year
Interested individuals should contact one of the following:
Jerry Perry (336.580.9901; email@example.com / Ben Mack 919.539.6225; firstname.lastname@example.org
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY ASSISTANT -- CENTENARY UMC, WINSTON-SALEM, NC
Centenary United Methodist Church, a large congregation in downtown Winston-Salem, NC, has an immediate opening for a full-time Children’s Ministry Assistant who along with the Associate Minister with Children would work to support and lead the comprehensive and holistic ministry to children and their families.
Centenary is currently undergoing a renovation to its children’s ministry space and this position would have the opportunity to work with the congregation to live into this new space and its greater capacity for excellent ministry with children and their families.
If you find joy in being in ministry with children and their families, and have a desire to nurture growing disciples of Jesus Christ we would like to get to know you.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to Mary Ann Wexler, Executive Director at email@example.com
- Job Openings