Director of Youth Ministries – Fair Grove UMC, Thomasville, NC
Fair Grove United Methodist Church, Thomasville, N.C., the oldest Methodist congregation in Davidson County, is currently seeking a creative and energetic director for our Youth Ministry (6th – 12th grade). He or she will work with the Youth Leadership Team to vision, plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach. Our mission at FGUMC is to make disciples of Christ who worship God, grow in their faith, and serve in the church and world. This is a part-time position. Please forward a cover letter and resume to: Marvine Myers, Staff Parish Relations Committee at email@example.com .
Part Time Director of Children & Senior Adult Ministries - Central UMC Mount Airy, NC
Central UMC is seeking a part time Director of Children & Senior Adult Ministries (DCS). The ideal candidate should first and foremost have a great love for Jesus Christ our Savior. The DCS shall have appropriate training, skills, and experience to support related ministry teams in planning, organizing, and implementing children’s and senior adult ministries here at Central UMC. The employee shall be able to articulate a call to Christian ministry and commitment to encourage lay leadership to embrace their own call to Christ's Church in ways that inform and strengthen Central UMC as an intergenerational community of faith. The DCS will report directly to the Senior Pastor. Please see our church website for a full job description at http://centralumcma.org. If interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part Time Director of Youth Ministries - Central UMC, Mount Airy, NC
Central UMC is seeking a part time Director of Youth Ministries (DYM). The ideal candidate should first and foremost have a great love for Jesus Christ our Savior. The DYM shall have appropriate training, skills, and experience to support related ministry teams in planning, organizing, and implementing youth ministries here at Central UMC. The employee shall be able to articulate a call to Christian ministry and commitment to encourage lay leadership to embrace their own call to Christ's Church in ways that inform and strengthen Central UMC as an intergenerational community of faith. The DYM will report directly to the Senior Pastor. Please see our church website for a full job description at http://centralumcma.org. If interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Part-time children and Youth Director - Love’s UMC, Walkertown, NC
Love's United Methodist Church in Walkertown, NC is looking for a part-time Children's and Youth Director. We are seeking someone who has a relationship with the Lord, and who desires to share that relationship with children and youth. It would help if the candidate has experience and training in the ministry of children and youth. The Children and Youth Director report directly to the Pastor. For those who are interested in this position, please contact Mr. Mardy Murray, SPRC Chair at 336-650-6972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time Student Ministry Associate - Stony Knoll UMC, East Bend
Stony Knoll United Methodist Church of East Bend, NC is seeking a part-time (Quarter time, roughly 10 hours per week) Student Ministry Associate to begin service on September 1st, 2018. The student ministry engages students grades 6-12 in weekly youth group meetings, Sunday school, retreat and outreach events.
Music Director - Center UMC, Welcome, NC
- Primary responsibilities will be leading music for the traditional and contemporary worship services.
- Accompany and/or lead weekly traditional adult chancel choir and handbell choir.
- Accompany weekly children’s choir practice.
- Coordinate music for weddings, funerals and other special programs as needed.
- Recruit and support new member talent for all church choirs, bands and handbells.
- Coordinate, arrange, and execute practice sessions with guest music groups and soloist, internal solos, and group performances.
- Communicate with church secretary and pastor to supply weekly hymn information, and special event music bulletin information.
- Organize and arrange substitute music direction and support as needed.
- Develop and support effective musical leadership in the church, along with the help of the worship chair or selected music committee.
- Support leaders of all musical groups in the church, for example; adult handbells, youth choir, children’s choir, children’s handbells, Praise band, etc.
- Manage music budget and evaluate music department needs, including requests on behalf of technical committee. This also includes maintenance and purchase of all music department equipment, robes and supply expenses.
- Formal music training/degree or experience leading a music department or music classroom.
- Must be able to read and play a musical instrument, preferably a piano, recorder or organ.
- Interest in a wide range of musical experiences.
- Ability to work with volunteers and committees.
- Dedicated to the well-being and enhancements of the currect and future music program.
- Dependable and responsible for being on time.
Accompanist - Center UMC, Welcome, NC
Weekday Preschool Floater/Teacher - Mount Tabor UMC
Director of Christian Education (Full-Time) - Ardmore UMC
Ardmore UMC, an active congregation in the heart of Winston-Salem's historic Ardmore neighborhood and medical/academic community, seeks a full-time Director of Christian Education. This position is part of an integrated approach to community evangelism and lifelong Christian discipleship, and it will partner closely with other ministry areas in the church. Responsibilities include children's ministries, adult spiritual formation, equipping, and intergenerational ministries. Knowledge of spiritual development, curriculum, and technology is required, as is a commitment to gifts-based ministry.
The qualified candidate will be a team player who shares a love for the mission of the United Methodist Church and is passionate about the training and care of servant leaders. Salary and other benefits are negotiable depending upon experience and ministry credentials. A Bachelor's degree in a related field is required for this position, and both ordained and non-ordained applicants will be considered. Local church experience is a plus. You may e-mail a cover letter, resume, and three references by July 31, 2018 to Barbie Brown at email@example.com.
Facilities Manager (Part-Time approx. 10 hours per week) - Ardmore UMC
Ardmore UMC seeks a part-time Facilities Manager. The person in this position should model Christian behavior and represent the church in the community. The ideal candidate is looking for part-time day work.
Please consider if you are a college student with required skills, a repair or construction person looking for steady weekly work or a retiree looking for supplemental income.
Basic Position Requirements and Desired Skills
· Basic carpentry, general construction, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC knowledge.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
Responsibilities and Duties (not all-inclusive)
· Inspect sanctuary, education building, playgrounds, parking lots, grounds, scout hut and office area to evaluate facility needs on a weekly basis
· Maintain a working knowledge of building systems, mechanical equipment and facility
· Inspect outside lighting on a monthly basis
· Complete emergency housekeeping
· Oversee landscape work
· Inspect playgrounds and make minor repairs to equipment
· Schedule and oversee maintenance, repairs and inspections completed by outside companies and individuals
· Complete special projects and minor maintenance or repairs as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties of this job involve exposure to outdoor weather conditions, working near moving mechanical parts; working in high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock.
The physical demands described here are essential functions of this job. The employee must frequently lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close Vision, Distance Vision, Peripheral Vision, Color Perception, Depth Perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands and arms to reach, turn and hold. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience, certificates and licenses. Please e-mail a resume and three references by July 31, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply if you are seeking full-time employment. This is a part-time job.
- Job Openings