Director of Youth Ministries – Fair Grove UMC, Thomasville, NC
Fair Grove United Methodist Church, Thomasville, N.C., the oldest Methodist congregation in Davidson County, is currently seeking a creative and energetic director for our Youth Ministry (6th – 12th grade). He or she will work with the Youth Leadership Team to vision, plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach. Our mission at FGUMC is to make disciples of Christ who worship God, grow in their faith, and serve in the church and world. This is a part-time position. Please forward a cover letter and resume to: Marvine Myers, Staff Parish Relations Committee at email@example.com .
Part Time Director of Youth Ministry - Kingswood United Methodist Church Click here for job description:
Part Time Director of Children & Senior Adult Ministries - Central UMC Mount Airy, NC
Central UMC is seeking a part time Director of Children & Senior Adult Ministries (DCS). The ideal candidate should first and foremost have a great love for Jesus Christ our Savior. The DCS shall have appropriate training, skills, and experience to support related ministry teams in planning, organizing, and implementing children’s and senior adult ministries here at Central UMC. The employee shall be able to articulate a call to Christian ministry and commitment to encourage lay leadership to embrace their own call to Christ's Church in ways that inform and strengthen Central UMC as an intergenerational community of faith. The DCS will report directly to the Senior Pastor. Please see our church website for a full job description at http://centralumcma.org. If interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time children and Youth Director - Love’s UMC, Walkertown, NC
Love's United Methodist Church in Walkertown, NC is looking for a part-time Children's and Youth Director. We are seeking someone who has a relationship with the Lord, and who desires to share that relationship with children and youth. It would help if the candidate has experience and training in the ministry of children and youth. The Children and Youth Director report directly to the Pastor. For those who are interested in this position, please contact Mr. Mardy Murray, SPRC Chair at 336-650-6972 or email email@example.com.
Part-time Children's Ministry Director - Bethlehem UMC, Advance, NC
Job Description: The Children's Director must be able to coordinate volunteers, work with various church members, organize events, support Methodist beliefs, relate well with children birth to fifth grade and encourage the children and their parents to develop a deeper relationship with God and the church.
Responsibilities of the part-time Children's Ministry Director:
- Conduct the Children's Moment each week at the 11:00 a.m. worship service or, when needed, find a volunteer to do so.
- Lead Children's Church following the Children's Moment during the 11 o'clock service. If the director needs to be away, they should recruit volunteers to serve in their place. The director should be directly involved if they use a volunteer for the lesson on any given Sunday. It is also important that the director recruit weekly volunteers to assist them in keeping with Bethlehem's Safe Sanctuary guidelines. Materials should be provided when a volunteer assumes the teacher role.
- Coordinate children's Sunday School by teaching or recruiting teachers for nursery through 5th grade. Materials should be provided for volunteer teachers. The director may choose to recruit a nursery coordinator or do the weekly schedule themselves. Make recommendations for Sunday School curriculum in conjunction with the pastor and Education Committee. The selected materials should be ordered by the director.
- Consult with the pastor about providing nursery care at special church events when a nursery would be beneficial.
- Maintain financial records of all expenditures associated with this position.
- Establish and maintain an outreach to the community and schools by:
- Coordinating VBS-choosing curriculum and/or activities, recruiting and training volunteers, advertising the events, preparing a master schedule and coordinating with other church groups.
- Organizing a yearly summer mission camp for children within and outside the church family.
- Coordinating (with the Youth Minister) two or three special children and youth events. They might include an Easter Egg Hunt, End-of -School party, Trunk or Treat or another event selected by the directors.
- Coordinating with pre-school
Additional items to be discussed by the Staff Parish Relations Team
- Job Openings